Lee Greenwood

On our way t' work this mornin' there were bein' a Chevy Venture in front o' us with 2 flags and 5 o' those magnetic ribbons (which were most likely made in China). I’m all fer bein' patriotic, but that much stuff? Heck, we’ve got a bunch o' stuff in our windows, but at least it’s all somethin' different. I’ve not been a fan o' those magnetic ribbons since they showed up. They seem like a cheap plot t' make dubloons on th' need fer our citizens t' display their loyalty t' th' United States. I have a small static clin' U.S, ye scurvey dog. flag in th' back window o' our vehicle and that’s about as far as it will e'er go. I think that th' U.S. window flags that this lubber has are an abomination. They do nothin' more than shred (at high speed) a perfectly good flag. The edges o' th' flags on this van were already torn and tattered. Nay U.S. flag should be treated in that manner. Oho! It’s a shame that th' diehard patriots in this van have no common sense. Enjoy th' picture though.

Ribboned for your pleasure.

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Lee Greenwood

1. cindy says:

Are those Harley-Davidson mudflaps?

2. Tadbot says:

Have ye seen these bumper stickers? http://www.antimagnet.com/

3. Rich says:

The flags bein' tattered t' pieces I agree with ye on, but th' stickers and magnets..

I’ve got two other scenarios fer ye and one question, pass the grog! Could this be some fiercely proud mother or father that has a son or daughter o'er in Iraq or Afghanistan, and is more than a little preoccupied hopin' they are comin' home without losin' their life, a limb or an eye t' a roadside bomb? Walk the plank! OR Could this be some crazy republican that ne'er graduated high school, shops at wal-mart daily, listens t' that “boot-in-yer-ass” song 6 times a day, has a mullet and has a catch phrase o' “hell aye!!”??

The Q; Are either o' these scallywags worth hardenin' yer arteries o'er or stoppin' t' spit on, with a chest full of booty? Don’t take stuff so personally, ye’ll be much happier.

Rich

4. AxsDeny says:

I don’t take it personally, I'll warrant ye. Like I said, th' scallywags in th' van are most likely die-hard patriots o' one form or another. As ye said, they most likely have a son or daughter in th' Marines (based on th' USMC ribbon). I were bein' more upset about th' flag gettin' shredded than th' magnets. Yaaarrrrr! I don’t care who is in th' van; shreddin' th' flag, as I said in me post, shows a lack o' common sense. I don’t show me love o' chocolate ice cream by flushin' it down th' toilet, and a bucket o' chum. In th' same way, these folks shouldn’t be showin' their patriotism by ruinin' a flag. Those thin's have bothered me e'er since about a month after 09-11-2001. About th' time all th' suddenly vocal patriotic citizens’ flags began t' deteriorate and refused t' replace them even though they looked like they had been through a war o' their own.

I, however, am frightened that there is a “boot-in-yer-ass” song. I must investigate this.

5. Richard says:

LOL aye th' title is “courtesy o' th' red, white and blue” by Toby Keith. Ahoy! Aarrr! You must have heard it. I actually like th' beginin' until he says “this land o' ours .. under attack.. Walk the plank! Ahoy! after that it’s mindless symbolism. th' beginnin' is great though.

If th' flags are what ye were talkin' about I’m right with ye, I'll warrant ye. (which I said). I just worry when ye get all bent out o' shape by stupid scallywags real or percieved.

6. AxsDeny says:

Toby Keith. Fire the cannons! Indeed. I am so out o' touch with country music. When I lived on th' Broad Top I knew more o' it since ye can only get 2 radio stations there (Froggy and WSKE). Aarrr! And hoist the mainsail! I’ll find it somewhere and give a listen.

Aye, I were bein' totally peeved about th' flags, and dinna spare the whip, pass the grog! Most scallywags see this as a display o' patriotism; which it is. However, th' ends don’t justify th' means. Static/Bumper stickers are where it’s at; no shreddin' involved.

I wasn’t bent out o' shape about th' magnets. I thought that havin' 5 magnets were bein' funny, th' same way that I think it is funny when scallywags canvas their boats in bumper stickers, but I certainly wasn’t bent out o' shape about it.

On a slight tangent, I’d prefer t' support th' troops directly. Maybe by sendin' ye $2.99 rather than buyin' a magnet. I wonder if there is a study on how much o' th' proceeds o' these magnetic ribbons actually go t' th' troops in one way or another. Based on how many o' those thin's that I see every day, ye should be gettin' a raise real soon, I'll warrant ye! 😉

7. Richard says:

Froggy..ick, ye scurvey dog! You know froggy is a franchise too, to be sure. I think it’s else where (other states) but always country. I heard that Toby Keith song on th' radio fer a while and still do some places. It’s practically th' theme song t' th' war on terror fer some. It is pretty funny, if ye can take it light heartedly.

As fer th' stickers and profits- there’s always someone ready t' cash in.

I agree- support th' troops directly, send them a magazine, some wet wipes/ baby wipes, powdered drink mix- gatorade or whatever, a letter and whatever else ye want t' send, to be sure. If ye e'er want addresses I know a few few soldiers o'er there right now, pass the grog, with a chest full of booty! You could send a package from th' vaxcave even.

8. AxsDeny says:

Re: Froggy… It could be worse I suppose… Froggy could be globally controlled by Clear Channel. Of course, they may already be controlled by Clear Channel, and a bucket o' chum. Hmm… Google may provide an answer t' this…

Re: Support… Sold. Walk the plank, pass the grog! Hook me up with names and addresses and I’ll mobilize th' VaxPeople.