Let me explain why you shouldn’t use Microsoft Frontpage. I’ll even do so in a nice, HTML compliant, bulleted list:
- Many aspects of the program create IE specific code that are not HTML standards compliant (Example).
- The program assumes that the server you are publishing to will have the MS Frontpage extensions installed.
- By default, the program does not include a DOCTYPE on pages.
- It encourages people to run IIS on their local machine (IIS is a huge security issue).
- You learn NOTHING. Don’t think you are learning ‘how to make webpages’ by using MSFP.
- vi, emacs, pico, Notepad, TextEdit, or even Dreamweaver do less damage to the web as a whole that MSFP. If the Web is the environment, then MSFP has poisoned our rivers and destroyed the ozone layer.