Let me explain why ye shouldn’t use Microsoft Frontpage, avast. I’ll even do so in a nice, HTML compliant, bulleted list:
- Many aspects o' th' program create IE specific code that are not HTML standards compliant (Example).
- The program assumes that th' server ye are publishin' t' will have th' MS Frontpage extensions installed.
- By default, th' program does not include a DOCTYPE on pages.
- It encourages scallywags t' run IIS on their local contraption (IIS is a huge security issue).
- You learn NOTHING. Don’t think ye are learnin' ‘how t' make webpages’ by usin' MSFP.
- vi, emacs, pico, Notepad, TextEdit, or even Dreamweaver do less damage t' th' web as a whole that MSFP, to be sure. If th' Web is th' environment, then MSFP has poisoned our rivers and destroyed th' ozone layer.